For more information on national PRSA membership, please visit www.prsa.org. For a complete listing of the many benefits you will receive by joining PRSA, click here. To access the national PRSA membership application directly, click here.
The following information is to let you know the benefits of joining the Los Angeles Chapter of PRSA. You may join PRSA and PRSA-LA at the same time at www.prsa.org by including your Chapter dues payment ($95 – Regular or $25 – Associate) when joining National PRSA. Only members of PRSA National may hold Chapter membership.
As a public relations practitioner, you are constantly working to improve your skills. You never stop learning – no matter how experienced you are. The Los Angeles Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA – LA) offers you extensive professional development opportunities.
By joining PRSA – LA, you will become a member of one of the largest and most active PRSA chapters in the United States, with a membership of over 500 public relations professionals and a full-time headquarters staff. As a member, you will have the opportunity to share knowledge and experience with the best and brightest of Southern California’s public relations community. PRSA – LA members come from corporations, public relations agencies, trade associations, government, public utilities, and non-profit organizations. Their interests cover a broad spectrum, but they have this much in common: they are committed to professional development and the advancement of the public relations profession.
Throughout the year, PRSA – LA hosts meetings designed to bring you the most authoritative and interesting speakers from a variety of fields. Our programs include:
- “At Breakfast With …” Small, informal meetings at which practitioners can exchange information and ideas with reporters and editors of leading newspapers, wire services, radio and television networks, and other media outlets. Speakers have included editors of the Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, KFWB, and Access Hollywood.
- Seminars on topics of interest to public relations professionals. These have included: Strategic Public Relations on the Internet, Crisis Management: Prevention and Damage Control, and Investor Relations: What Public Relations Professionals Need to Know.
- General membership meetings that include presentations by leaders in business, government, politics, nonprofit organizations, the media, the arts, and other fields. Membership meetings are also ideal for networking with other public relations professionals.
- ConneXions – Networking Mixers in a variety of neighborhoods
And, more Professional Development Opportunities
In addition to regular meetings, PRSA – LA offers an impressive array of professional development opportunities, including:
- PRisms Awards competition, in which our best work and best professionals are honored at an elegant dinner. Individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of our profession are also recognized.
- Accreditation Review Course, a comprehensive tutorial program for individuals preparing to take PRSA’s national accreditation exam, offered each year.
VALUABLE MEMBER SERVICES
PRSA-LA also offers these special member services:
- Newsletter and regularly broadcast emails contains meeting announcements, notices of upcoming events, and news about the Southern California public relations scene.
- Online job listings help members who are making a career move and employers seeking candidates.
- PRSA-LA online Membership Directory, one of our most popular services, is a handy guide to members’ names and addresses. Members also access our online directory of providers of products and services used by public relations professionals.
- The online Client Referral program brings potential clients in touch with PR Agencies and Independent Practitioners.
Through various community service projects, PRSA-LA supports the Los Angeles area. A community service grant is awarded annually to a worthy non-profit organization through the Don Perkins grant program. Grant funds are used to advance the non profit organization’s mission through public relations techniques.
Quality Time programs are held several times a year that provide non profit organizations with a day of pr guidance offered by volunteers from throughout the chapter. This event has received national recognition for the outstanding service it provides to worthy organizations.
PRSA supports student chapters of PRSSA, Public Relations Student Society of America through grants and the involvement of student chapters in Los Angeles chapter activities.
JOIN PRSA-LA TODAY!
You can start enjoying the professional development opportunities by joining PRSA-LA right away.
If you recently joined PRSA nationally and included your chapter dues payment, you do not need to do anything else. PRSA will send the chapter your information and you will receive a welcome letter within approximately 30 days.
If you are already a national PRSA member and want to join the Los Angeles Area chapter as a second chapter or have moved to the area from another chapter, our short chapter application form will take just a few minutes to complete. (You must be a PRSA national member to join the Chapter.) Please allow several weeks for access to the Members Only portion of the web site.
For information on how to join national PRSA and an application , please visit www.prsa.org, and remember to include your chapter dues (unless special promotion is offered-see above) along with your national dues payment. Chapter dues are $95 (Regular status) or $25 (Associate Status).