February 3 Independent Practitioners Workshop to Offer Blueprint for Building Agency Partnerships
If you’re an independent practitioner and building your book of business by partnering with larger public relations agencies isn’t one of your New Year’s resolutions, it should be. Los Angeles is home to an estimated 400 public relations firms of all sizes.
“Are You Agency Ready?,” a February 3 half-day workshop presented by PRSA-LA’s Independent Practitioners Alliance (IPA), will provide independent practitioners with the step-by-step strategies and tools they need to align their practices with the needs of small, medium-sized and large agencies – but without sacrificing their independence. Professionals considering starting their own business also would benefit from the program.
The workshop will be held from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Lawry’s The Prime Rib, 100 N. La Cienega Blvd., in Beverly Hills. Cost is $45 for PRSA members and $60 for non-members and guests, and includes free parking and hot buffet breakfast.
“Business development, practice management and marketing consistently rank among the top concerns that independent practitioners have,” said David Garcia, IPA chair. “This workshop is a unique opportunity for indies to tap the intellectual capital of an exceptional group of entrepreneurs, financial and management experts and agency executives who can address those issues.”
Three panel sessions will focus on:
- “Strategies for Creating a Sustainable Business Model that Increases Profits and Helps Generate New Business”
- Management consultant Cliff Beacham
- CPA Scott Streitfeld of Streitfeld Accounting
- Online entrepreneur Evelyne Teman
- “Understanding What Small, Medium-sized and Large Agencies Look for When Partnering with Independent Practitioners, and What Solo Professionals Need to Know to Create a Win-Win Partnership”
- Linda Martin, partner and managing director, Porter Novell
- George Medici, executive vice president, PondelWilkinson
- Jason Wonacott, founder, Wonacott Communications
- “How to Market and Position Yourself and Build Lasting and Valuable Relationships”
- Robert Conley, founder of Bedrock Leadership, a management and leadership development consultancy
- Paul Flaharty, vice president at Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group
- Branding and marketing expert Tiffany Scott, founder of You Me She Collective
To register for the Feb. 3 workshop, visit prsala.org/event/ipa-workshop-are-you-agency-ready.
“Are You Agency Ready?” is sponsored by PRSA Los Angeles and its Independent Practitioners Alliance and PondelWilkinson, Inc.