MSLGROUP is currently seeking an Account Executive in our Los Angeles office.
MSLGROUP is a leading global communications organization. We are trusted advisors to some of the world’s biggest brands, helping them creatively engage with their audiences 24/7.
We have a rich heritage: Parisian traditions on the one hand, American culture on the other and a dynamic and rapidly growing Asian voice. That means versatility and flexibility are core markers in our DNA. Our multicultural heritage means we’re comfortable in our skin in a communications world where old structures are collapsing, boundaries are blurring and innovative thinking reigns supreme.
Our people are innovators. If you can look at problems in new ways and come up with the solutions nobody had considered before, we will offer you the environment, the space and the inspiration to do so. You’ll be working alongside leading thinkers, with colleagues from around the globe. If you want to be part of the conversations that are shaping the world we live and work in, you’ll want to be here.
- Research, develop, present and implement inventive PR and social campaigns and programs for existing clients and new business prospects;
- Reach out to both traditional and social media contacts to pitch news stories and features that keep the client’s story in the conversation;
- Research, write and edit content, and distribute via press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, blog and social posts;
- Move seamlessly from communicating in Spanish to English in written and verbal communications;
- Nurture media contacts, and use them to deliver the client’s story in news releases, features, online placements, etc.;
- Manage social media channels for clients, responding on behalf of clients, creating social content and building relationships with key social influencers;
- Build a network of colleagues, clients and media, and liaise daily with clients and the media via telephone, email and/or social networking;
- Prepare regular client reports, status grids, activity reports, etc.;
- Be media savvy: collate, analyze and evaluate media coverage and trends;
- Monitor the media — including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, blogs and social— for client opportunities and challenges;
- Ensure delivery of accurate correspondence and creative material to client for review or final delivery.
- BA/BS Degree in a related field;
- 3+ years’ experience in Public Relations or Social Media management in an agency or corporate/in-house;
- Fluent in Spanish
- A strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media;
- Solid media relations/publicist skills and excellent writing skills;
- Understanding of social media best practices and trends;
- Ability to be flexible and multitask – managing multiple assignments with tight and evolving deadlines
- Proficiency with Photoshop and InDesign
- Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, organization, multi-tasking and desire to be a team player.