JOIN LA’S LEADING YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
The Young Professionals of PRSA-LA (YP) was founded in January of 1988 by members of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). Its purpose is to provide a forum for the career enhancement of public relations practitioners with fewer than five years of experience.
Through various member services and professional outreach programs, YP members learn about the industry’s latest developments and form relationships with peers, as well as with experienced, respected industry professionals. YP membership represents an opportunity to be a part of one of LA’s leading professional public relations societies.
- Monthly programs: Held the third Wednesday of each month, these meetings are educational programs relevant to entry and mid-level PR practitioners. Previous topics have included: The Perfect Pitch, How to Succeed in PR, Successful New Business Strategies, and Promoting Your #1 Client – You.
- YP Job Boards: Sent via e-mail every Friday, the YP Job board focuses on new positions available in the Los Angeles area. A mix of entry, mid and senior-level positions are often included.
- Networking Opportunities: Create relationships with peers as well as with experienced and respected industry professionals at monthly educational meetings and informal social mixers.
- Trevett Award: Established in 1991 to honor the memory of Tom Trevett, a co-founder of LA’s YP group, an award is given each year to the Most Outstanding Young Professional. A $1,000 prize is given to the first-place recipient and $500 to the second-place recipient. All young professionals in the greater LA area who are employed full time in public relations, have no more than three years of full-time experience and are in good standing with PRSA-LA are eligible to apply for the award.
- Discounts: Members are eligible for discounted admission to various PRSA-LA-sponsored meetings, conventions and other programs.
- Need More Reasons? Visit PRSA.org’s Membership Benefits page.
The Young Professionals Group is a free member benefit to all active PRSA-LA members with zero to five years of experience. Monthly meeting costs are $10 for PRSA-LA members; $15 for non-members; and $5 for PRSSA members.
YP Membership Chair