Are Tweets Killing the Press Release?
Social media hasn’t just expanded the PR playing field – it has changed the field altogether. In fact, many PR pros now question the value of traditional tools such as the press release. As more and more journalists bypass PR pitches in favor of what’s trending online, PR pros must decide whether the old mainstay tools should be relegated or simply reconsidered.
This special PRSA-LA event will explore what you need to know to use new and traditional PR tools effectively in the world of paid, earned, owned and shared media. Our panel of experts will share insights, case studies and actionable tips to ensure you and your clients don’t get left behind.
- Natalie Bering, Director International Strategy, PR Newswire (@NatalieBering)
- Serena Ehrlich, Director of Social and Evolving Media, Business Wire (@Serena)
- Heidi Flato, Public Relations Director, Verizon Wireless (@heidiflato)
- Christian Gunning, Associate Vice President, University Communications, USC (@gunman)
- James Sims, Director of Communications, Center Theatre Group (@SimsJames)
- Erik Deutsch, Principal, ExcelPR; Past President, PRSA-LA (@ErikDeutsch)
BlankSpaces Santa Monica (1450 2nd Street) / Wednesday, April 26 – 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Register today here.